– State specific duties of the employer
– Define Manual Handling
– Explain its importance
– Understand the human and financial consequences of injury
– Relate to the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine
– State common injuries associated with manual handling
– Define fitness and flexibility
– Describe what good posture is
– Explain what ergonomics involves
– List the principles of manual handling
– Assess loads
– Conduct risk assessments using TILE
– Explain Manual Handling Safety Guidelines
1. Welcome, Introduction and specific employer duties relating to manual handling.
2. Anatomy and Biomechanics
3. Principles of Manual Handlinge.